13 - 14 August 2016
Organised in conjunction with the Sabah Fitness Festival, the Sabah Open BJJ is Malaysia’s BIGGEST submission grappling tournament! This event will run over 2 days, with Gi matches on day 1 and No-Gi matches on day 2. All matches will follow the standard IBJJF format.
1. Kids division brackets will be made in accordance to closest fit weight match ups on the day. Children are advised NOT to cut weight.
2. Weigh-ins will be done with the gi on. Allow 2 kgs for the Gi. Separate weigh-ins will be conducted before the No-Gi event commences. Deduct 2kgs from the weight categories for No-Gi.
3. Confirmation of registration will be sent via email to successful applicants. Any enquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
4. Competitors under the age of 18 will require the consent of a parent or legal guardian with parent/guardian's signature on the waiver form (to be signed on day of competition before entry to the mats).
5. In the event a division has less than 3 competitors, it will be merged with the closest weight division.
Gi or No-Gi (1 day only)
Early Bird: RM80 (until 31st May, 2016)
Regular: RM90 (until 31st July, 2016)
Late: RM100 (1st-18th August, 2016)
Walk-in: RM125 (at competition venue)
Gi & No-Gi (2 days)
Early Bird: RM105 (until 31st May, 2016)
Regular: RM115 (until 31st July, 2016)
Late: RM125 (1st-18th August, 2016)
Walk-in: RM140 (at competition venue)
(1st-3rd place winners in each weight category are automatically eligible to compete in the Absolutes)
You can register online at http://www.galactix.asia/sabah-open-bjj